Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Endless Light

I wrote this after I came back from winter camp that year. It was the best winter camp of my life. It's about God mostly, except the third stanza.


Meadow leaves dance in the early spring
Glistening and moist with the morning dew,
Pure and delicate, living for you…
I live for you
I live for you
Dancing, my heart skipping beats inside.
Breathing anew the air scented of rain.
Aching in awe, in amazement of you…
I live for you
I live for you.


The winter so softly swirls in the air
Far off, so far off, and then falling so slow.
Blanketing the dead sorrows,
The skeletons of trees,
Destitute here, on this cold-ridden earth.
We will all unite on day,
Unite, be made brand new.


Will you sit with me just this night?
And we can watch the dark clouds swirling
Purple past the myriad of stars.
We can catch glimpses of distant rays
Shining atmospheres just past our sight.


Like the dawn comes after the long nights awake
Tormented by nightmares, exhausted by fear.
It comes at last, so gentle so new
The dim shades of purple, of pink, and of gold.
Then an explosion of such blinding light
As the signs flee of this last night.
It bathes the frozen fields in gold
Thawing away the pain and the shame
Lost wastelands come again to life.


So one day my dear friend, my best friend
In that day, my all, my life,
We will meet again for the first time.
Meet forever, all new, brand new.
Shed of the shell of this present circumstance.

Endless days after this long night
Laughter in the sunshine, and glistening water.
Awestruck proclamations and songs whispered in breathless delight

To you
To you
For you.

We are a flower blossom, waking to this perfect day
Basking for the first time in this endless light.

written March 3, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment