You walk so loudly
and your hair bounces around
Though your arms move so stiffly
as though you'd rather not be
making a sound.
And you pass by so narrowly.
Pushing your stroller along.
It's so large and you're so skinny
As if you'd rather not be seen.
And you drive by,
but your head is looking to your right.
You don't see me.
And you aren't seeing the road.
Sometime I'll ask you.
Do you see anything?
You've got a bike.
I would ride it, if you liked.
Twice before you've waved to me.
Three times, I've served you dinner.
You come in at 6:40
when the good food's all gone
In your flannel pajamas
and bed-head, blond hair,blue
eyes, and pretty Spanish accent.
And we always exchange funny smiles.
This time though,
you didn't see me.
I still want to be your friend,
But ants just crawl all over me.
I sure hope, I see you again.
Security guard drives past me,
smoking where I shouldn't be.
Thankfully though, he doesn't see.
He just talks to the girl playing,
"And I just can't get enough".
I'll just go walk past you guys and leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment